This chocolate ice cream cake is so refreshing and delicious! It is very similar to the Italian semifreddo but it is quicker and easier to prepare – just perfect for the hot summer days! Here is the recipe:
Serving around 10
- 5 ice cream sandwiches
- chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 jar hot fudge topping
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 can heavy cream, whipped (optional)
- Use a plastic wrap to line a 9×5-inch loaf pan (and leave a good amount to hang over each side).
- Leave the ice cream to soften a little bit at room temperature. Then, spread a layer that is around 1/2-in. thick across the bottom of the pan – and make sure to push it into each corner.
- Next, line up five ice cream sandwiches over the ice cream layer (press down firmly so they can conform to the pan).
- Spread around ½ of the hot fudge topping jar over the ice cream sandwiches and generously sprinkle a layer of crushed Oreos (make sure to reserve around 1/4 cup of the crushed cookies).
- Then, apply the final layer of ice cream and fold the plastic wrap all over the top. Put in the freezer for around 4 hours to firm.
- After that, lift the whole ice cream cake out of the loaf pan with the plastic wrap and transfer it to a plate. Decorate with whipped cream (if desired) and sprinkle with the remaining crushed Oreos.
- To serve, dip a knife in warm water and slice.