These dream chocolate cupcakes are so delicious! You got to try them! It is the ultimate chocolate cupcakes recipe that is so easy and simple to make. A nice chocolate frosting finish makes them ideal for every chocolate lover! Here is the recipe:
Servings 16 cupcakes
- 1⅓ cups (6.5 oz. /185 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1/7 oz./50 grams) cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of baking soda
- ½ cup (1 stick/112 grams) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (7 oz. /200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml (½ cup) hot water
- 120 ml (½ cup) whole milk
- Chocolate fudge frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line 1 or 2 muffin pan(s) with cupcake liners; leave aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, around 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Apply vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, place half of the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Then pour in milk, followed by the remaining dry ingredients, whisking slowly until combined.
- Pour hot water and whisk just until combined. (Don’t overmix – remember: the less you whisk, the lighter the dessert will be. You should create a liquid batter).
- Spread batter evenly between cups, filling around ¾ full. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs.
- Remove and let cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool entirely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate fudge frosting, according to the recipe directions. Pipe each cupcake with the frosting and serve.