The classic taste of eclairs in a cup! Simple, easy to prepare and really delicious! If you are a fan of eclairs this dessert will easily become your favorite treat. You will need around 1 hour to prepare it. Here is the recipe:
- 1 sugar cookie mix (plus required ingredients)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (11 ounces) package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5 degrees. Grease and line mini cupcake tray and leave aside. Next, roll the dough into little balls around 1-in. in diameter. Put 1 ball of dough into every space of the mini cupcake tray and press it evenly to make a small crater in the mid.
- Bake for around 9 minutes, or until you get a cookie cup that is slightly soft and golden around the edges. When you remove them from the oven press in the middle with the spoon all over to re-create the crater in the center of the Let cool in the pan for additional 5 minutes. After that, remove and let it cool on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, make the pudding. Mix 2 cups of milk with the instant vanilla pudding until well incorporated and place into the fridge to set.
- Next, make the chocolate ganache frosting. In a mixing bowl, put the chocolate chips and leave aside. Then, in a saucepan, pour the heavy cream and bring to a low simmer. Let it simmer for around 3 minutes and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips. Combine until the chocolate chips are melted and cream and chocolate are well incorporated. Leave at room temperature to cool for around 45 minutes. As it cools it’ll continue to set.
- When the ganache is cool, apply into a mixing bowl and with an electric mixer whip over high speed for around 5 minutes to thicken it even more. You will get a nice ganache like a frosting. Spoon or pipe the ganache into a piping bag.
- To garnish, take a spoonful of the pudding and scoop it into the center of the cookie cup. Then apply of the chocolate ganache frosting. You can serve immediately.
- The éclair cookie cups can be stored in a sealed container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.