These beautiful silky chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate frosting are so rich and creamy! If you are a real chocolate lover then these beautiful cupcakes are just for you! You will need only 15 minutes to prepare plus 15 minutes to cook them. Here is the recipe:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dark chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4. Line a cupcake pan with foil or paper liners. Combine together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until creamy. Gradually, add the eggs, mixing after each addition; add the vanilla extract. Place the flour mix alternately with the milk; whisk well. Spread into the cupcake cups three fourths of an inch full.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean. Make the dark chocolate frosting while the cupcakes are baking.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove and frost them. Serve.