Let me tell you a secret – I don’t like baking – and I am avoiding it anytime I can (as you may already notice from my previous recipes)! But I love pies…no-bake pies, to be precise – especially creamy like this chocolate banana peanut butter pie! Silky, smooth, creamy – delicious! Totally my jam! Here is the recipe:
For the Crust:
- 1 package honey graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
For the Pie Filling:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages vanilla instant pudding
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (to decorate, optional)
To make the crust:
- Crush one package (not a box) honey graham crackers. In a large bowl, add brown sugar and crushed graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave peanut butter and butter until melted. Add to the cracker crumbs and mix until combined.
- Press firmly into 9” pie plate and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
To make the filling:
- Add vanilla pudding and milk in a bowl. Mix until thickened (about 3 minutes). Fold in the non-dairy topping and put in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, peel and quarter 3 medium bananas, then slice and apply on the bottom of prepared pie crust. Microwave peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small bowl until melted. Then, cool for 1 minute, and pour on top of sliced bananas.
- Remove pudding from the fridge and pour over peanut butter – chocolate mixture.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Drizzle over top of the pie and return to the fridge. Chill for at least 2 ½ hours before serving.